After a year of virtual events and conferences because of the pandemic, in-person cannabis industry events are back! On September 22-23, thousands of attendees flocked to the Sonoma County Fairgrounds for Hall of Flowers, the largest B2B cannabis industry event since the start of 2020.
The hybrid outdoor-indoor event attracted hundreds of businesses and brands, many of whom went all-out creating a dynamic vibe with booths decked out with eye-catching themes, popping colors and unique experiences for potential buyers and partners.
- Autumn Brands, a women owned and operated cultivator that is a top ranked brand among California cultivators, crafted a warm and colorful booth to show off their wide range of pesticide-free products. https://autumnbrands.com
- Rising cultivator Umma Sonoma brought their A-game to the event, producing what BDSA’s own Christopher Carroll called “some of the best flower at the entire show”. https://ummasonoma.com
With Covid precautions on the mind of many at the event, pre-rolled joints were an obvious go-to form factor and many brands were opting to give out <1 gram pre-rolls for personal sampling. Brands spared no expense promoting their infused pre-rolled products, a solid move given that infused pre-rolls are on the rise in California, making up 46% of total pre-rolled sales in August 2021 per BDSA’s Retail Sales Tracking data.
- Presidential Rx, the number 3 ranked infused pre-roll brand in California this year per BDSA’s Retail Sales Tracking data, showed off a unique display to demonstrate the manufacturing process for their “moon rock” blunts and joints, which are crushing it in the California market. https://www.instagram.com/prezrx/?hl=en
- Space Coyote, a rising brand that is a BDSA tracked top-10 ranked California infused pre-roll brand in 2021 so far, boasted an incredible chill-out bus, decked out with spaces for guests to spark up one of their hash or live-resin infused joints and socialize. https://www.spacecoyote.org/
- Lowell Herb Co, currently a BDSA ranked top 25 brand across ALL product categories in California, debuted their limited-edition Hash Wrap pre-rolls. This unique paperless infused pre-rolled product boasts a whopping 45%+ THC content, compared to the roughly 20% THC content seen in many other infused products. https://www.lowellfarms.com/cannabis
- Q3 2021 M&A Highlights: Who’s Moving in US Cannabis and Why?
- The Rise of Legal Cannabis as a Consumer Packaged Good
- Quality In, Quality Out: A BDSA and IRI Comparison of Premium Product Trends across Mainstream CPG and Cannabis Packaged Goods
- Controversial Statement Alert: Most Cannabis Consumers Could be Classified as Stoners (based on consumption frequency and behavior)
- Five Cannabis Beverage Brands to Watch