Retail Sales Tracking
Know exactly what is happening across cannabis categories, brands, and products
BDSA Retail Sales Tracking Product Details and Coverage
AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, MA, MD, MI, MO, NV, OR, PA
Day, Week, Month, Quarter, Year, Custom
Dollar Sales, Unit Sales, Share, Average Retail Price (Min and Max), Availability, %ACV, Velocity
SIX Levels of Categorization to Parent Company to Brand to Product to Product
Cannabinoid mg (THC, CBD, CBN, CBG), Cannabinoid Ratios, Pack Size, Pack Count, Flavor, Strain, Dosage, Etc.
BDSA Retail Sales Tracking Capabilities
Gain valuable insights into what is selling and where with BDSA’s Top Categories, Brands and Products dashboards. Detailed dashboards drillable by 18 different variables allow you to track your current business and make data-backed adjustments to your short-term strategy. Then, identify the best opportunities for longer term growth, investment, expansion, new product launches, and beyond across all 12 BDSA-tracked cannabis markets.
- Identify the top performing states, categories, brands, and products.
- Drill into leading products by product attribute (pack size, cannabinoid ratios, cannabinoid mg, counts, flavors, etc.) for a targeted approach.
- Identify emerging shifts at retail to adjust assortment, pricing, shelf space, and more.
- Craft pricing and promotion strategies to optimize sales.
Even when a company nails innovation, branding, pricing and messaging, they must ensure that a product maintains sufficient distribution across a market in order to see success. BDSA’s Brand Availability metric provides a measure of the probability that a consumer can find a given brand in-store.
- Drive successful innovations, track performance, and beyond.
- Carry the right products that might not be widely available but when available, they move off the shelf quickly.
- Identify strong performers with limited distribution for potential investment or to drive innovation strategies.
BDSA’s Brand House tracking provides insight on sales for brands owned by parent companies as verified, mapped, and updated by BDSA. Within the dashboards, clients can view the sales and market share of parent companies over time and then drill down to see performance of the “house of brands” by state, category, and brand.
- Gain insights on 25 BDSA-verified parent companies and their 100+ brands across 12 BDSA-tracked states.
- Identify key investment opportunities with detailed breakdowns of market share by parent company across tracked markets.
- Drill down by product category and brand to see which categories and brands are driving the parent company’s sales.
- Know how, when, and if you can compete with these larger, growing “house of brands”.
BDSA Basket Analytics provides insight into the value and composition of shopper baskets, filterable by market, category and brand. Retailers and manufacturers can develop cross-selling and up-selling strategies to maximize overall sales.
- Maximize store and brand sales through deeper basket diagnostics with data that is drillable by market, channel, category AND by brand.
- Craft powerful sales stories to gain optimal shelf space and perfect promotional planning and marketing strategies.
- Develop category and brand cross-selling strategies at retail.
- Optimize assortment and shelf placement.
- Grow overall basket size and boost sales velocity of smaller product categories by improving promotional strategies and budtender training.