Cannabis Consumer Insights
Know who is consuming cannabis, who to target, where, when, and with what message
BDSA Cannabis Consumer Insights Product Details and Coverage
US and CANADA, by State and by Province
Consumers®, Acceptors®, and Rejecters®
Conducted 2x Per Year, 9 Waves of Trended Data & Insights
Demographics, Psychographics, Attitudes, Consumption Behaviors, Product Usage, Purchasing Dynamics, Product Choice Influencers
BDSA’s Attitudinal Consumer Segmentation—6 Mutually Exclusive Consumer Segments and 4 Non-Consumer Segments
BDSA Cannabis Consumer Insights Capabilities
Understand and size the consumer landscape across U.S. states and Canadian provinces. Cannabis Consumer Insights data provides the tools to run your cannabis business with intention by understanding the shifting demographics, psychographics, and behaviors of cannabis Consumers® and Acceptors®.
- Granular data on demographics and attitudes of cannabis Consumers® and Acceptors® can help retailers, brands, and investors develop an accurate profile of how a market’s cannabis Consumer base is developing.
- Identify main causes of hesitancy among Acceptors® and craft strategies to grow cannabis Consumers® adoption and consumption.
- Launch and expand with purpose by using Trending Consumer Dashboards to track the evolution of cannabis shoppers and cannabis consumers.
Cannabis Consumer Insights data provides a detailed breakdown of the consumer base across U.S. and Canadian markets, allowing brands and investors to cut through misinformation and stereotypes surrounding the modern cannabis consumer.
- With data that explain the varied relationships consumers have with cannabis, develop marketing strategies that speak to consumer attitudes and sensibilities.
- Fine-tune in-store experience and improve consumer targeting by anchoring your strategy in the six mutually exclusive Cannabis Consumer Segments (BDSA’s attitudinal-based trending segmentation).
- Investors can use consumer lifestyle data to identify brands and products that address the needs of the dynamic consumer landscape.
Check out what cannabis form factors and product subcategories are most commonly used and preferred by consumers and WHY.
- Explore detailed shopping behavior to optimize retail space and win in-store.
- Zero in on cannabis consumption occasions and consumer need states to ensure your brand is getting the most out of its product portfolio.
- Explore consumer product preferences down to granular product attributes to expand, innovate, and stock the right mix.
BDSA’s CBD Consumer Insights provide data on the demographics, psychographics, and purchasing behavior of CBD consumers (both hemp and marijuana derived) across adult-use legal states, medical legal states, and Canadian provinces.
- Develop effective messaging for hemp or marijuana CBD brands or products with granular profiles of Consumers® and Acceptors®.
- Identify top product categories and usage occasions to stay ahead of the curve with innovation and product launches.
- Brands can optimize distribution decisions by getting their products to the right retailers with an in-depth picture of CBD purchasing behaviors.
- Understand and unpack the relationship between CBD brands and products sold in the dispensary versus mainstream retail.