- Independence Day and cannabis go hand-in-hand: “daytime fun” and well as “celebrating special events” are top occasions for cannabis consumption.
- Cannabis sales spiked in the days surrounding the July 4th holiday in 2019, increasing 31% between July 1-3, and 21% between July 4-6.
- Although inhalable products – flower and concentrates – comprised the majority of sales in the days surrounding July 4th 2019, ingestible products experienced a boost in sales before and after the holiday, increasing 27% during July 1-6 – with candy experiencing the sharpest increase of 50% during the first week in July
- Independence Day offers day-to-night festivities as well as opportunities for consumption. Inhalables are the top product choice for daytime and evening consumption, perfect for transitioning from backyard BBQs to late night fireworks!
- July 4th celebrations involve pairings of friends, food and festivities: 30% of consumers typically pair alcohol and cannabis in group settings.
Interested in gaining more valuable insights from BDSA? Contact us today!