Job Title: Software Developer
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Family: Technology
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Manager, Software Development
Location: Boulder, CO 80301
Job Summary: BDSA is seeking a self-driven Software Developer to join our technology team. The ideal candidate will be hands-on, have a strong understanding of web development technology and tools, and be capable of functioning as an individual contributor on a Dev team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create new software functions within modern software frameworks including Vue.js, .NET Core, etc.
- Update existing software functions
- Work with minimal supervision to build high-quality software features and tools; Includes developing and evaluating code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, performs optimally, and is consistent with industry best practices
- Contribute and add value to development teams that integrate and implement web-based applications using SQL server (Azure) and Snowflake
- Participate in code and design reviews, help establish best practices, and align departmental goals to meet greater organizational outcomes
- Partner with Quality Assurance to make sure the codes produced are of a high quality, bug free, and deliver the best value possible to the end user
- Update legacy code and fix issues by using modern and efficient programming techniques
- Participate in sprint planning, daily standups, and be a part of an ever moving and continuously improving team delivering user value
- Work within a fast paced Agile/Scrum methodology and environment
- Ensure high performance on both mobile and desktop environments
- Be curious, understand, and learn current web application UI trends, frameworks, and best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to do so. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job-related Education, Experience, and/or Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or relevant education; and/or a combination of education and experience
- Experience in serverless development and deployment using Azure; Other experience includes possessing:
- .NET Core 2+, using C#
- .NET MVC and Entity Framework
- SQL queries using SQL Server and SSMS
- Vue JS
- SOAP and RESTful API services
- MVC/MVVM architecture patterns
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the capability to effectively define business issues and offer solutions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects within in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with cross functional teams and other stakeholders
Benefits: Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D coverages. We also provide both Health and Flexible Savings Account benefits, Dependent Care, and a 401K with immediate vesting.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
BDSA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any pay inequities nor on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please send cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.