Job Title: Retail Business Development Manager
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Family: Retail
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Data Acquisition
Location: Boulder, CO 80301
The Retail Business Development Manager is accountable for becoming an expert on cannabis retail to grow our retail-based product. The focus will be on building a pipeline of retail data sharing partnerships in assigned territories. The Retail Business Development Manager develops and maintains respectful and collaborative relationships with clients, partners, and key individuals in relevant markets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Build a pipeline of retail partners in assigned market(s)
- Identify new opportunities by researching markets and retailers
- Execute sales and marketing for target markets
- Articulate and demonstrate the value of BDSA, our products, and our services in person, web demos, over the phone – with presence and purpose
- Ensure all outreach activities adhere to organizational sales objectives and requirements.
- Build and maintain all client information and activity in Hubspot and other internal tools and platforms
- Perform work under direct supervision and is responsible for other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to do so. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job-related Education and/or Experience:
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or similar from an accredited institution
- 2+ years of sales
- Cannabis industry experience highly preferred
- Microsoft Office suite – PowerPoint and Excel
Benefits: Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D coverages. We also provide both Health and Flexible Savings Account benefits, Dependent Care and a 401K with immediate vesting.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
Travel: Up to 35%
BDSA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any pay inequities nor on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please send cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.