Job Title: Project Manager (Technical)
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Family: Technology
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Director, Technology
Location: Boulder, CO 80301
Job Summary: The Project Manager (Technical) will run, administer, and organize all project activities in order to deliver high quality solutions that meet defined requirements on time and within budget. The Project Manager (Technical) will work closely with the software development teams, business area leads, and senior leadership to create project schedule, coordinate resourced, track and report progress, and implements development projects as prioritized by the Product Management Committee.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with Software development team to facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings
- Possess conflict resolution skills by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty, and respect
- Coach developers on writing user stories that ultimately enable scrum team focus and prioritization
- Translate business needs into system and software requirements and documents
- Identify, monitor, facilitate and track the resolution of issues impacting project deliverables. Ensure the timely identification and appropriate resolution of deviations from established plans.
- Ensure the creation and delivery of timely project status reports appropriate to the stakeholders, executive leadership, project team members and internal stakeholders.
- Develop meeting agendas; develop presentation materials; facilitate meetings and webinars; take notes; follow up on actions/commitments, prepare for next steps by exercising independent thinking.
- Use discretion for matters that require confidentiality and the attention of leadership
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Manage customer adoption and change management
- Build and manage project impact assessments
- Performing other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to do so. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job-related Education, Experience and/or Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Project Management or related field
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated business analysis experience with the project life cycle leveraging agile project methodology and frameworks like Scrum and Kanban
- Recent experience working with JIRA to manage software development projects
- CSM or PMP certification preferred; Certification required within one year of starting position
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly
- Proven ability to produce deliverables with minimal direction
- Proven ability to lead a team to produce deliverables
- Experience with developing best practices, policy, and optimizing workflow
- Self-starter / independent thinker with demonstrated ambition to take on new roles with increasing responsibility with limited guidance and direction from management
- Strong customer relationship management skills
Benefits: Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D coverages. We also provide both Health and Flexible Savings Account benefits, Dependent Care and a 401K with immediate vesting.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
BDSA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any pay inequities nor on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please send cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.