Job Title: Production Research Specialist
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Family: Data
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Production Research Supervisor
Location: Boulder, CO 80301
Job Summary: Production Research Specialists are on the front lines of building a standardized product classification structure and product catalog for the legalized cannabis industry. They are successful at researching and coding cannabis products for inclusion in our reporting service, GreenEdge. Production Research Specialists are computer savvy, curious and resilient in taking vague information and forming thoughtful and logical outcomes. They research, investigate, resolve, classify, and enter point-of-sale data from cannabis retailers for all brands, products, and strains into our proprietary database with accuracy and speed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ability to process large data sets of point-of-sale information by collecting and classifying information into proprietary software
- Analyze data by identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data
- Audit data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors
- Create and use wikis to document and record information for standardizing categorization
- Ability to provide accurate and concise information to leadership or cross functional teams
- Ability to navigate quickly through custom software
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to do so. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job-related Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MS Office proficient, preferably in Excel
- Knowledge of Cannabis and related products preferred
- Prior experience in dispensary compliance and/or budtending is preferred
Benefits: Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D coverages. We also provide both Health and Flexible Savings Account benefits, Dependent Care and a 401K with immediate vesting.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
BDSA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any pay inequities nor on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please send cover letter and resumé to email@example.com