Job Title: Director, Data Analytics
Job Level: Manager
Job Family: Data
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Boulder, CO or remote
Job Summary: The Director of Insights & Analytics is a highly engaged analytics expert and has a passion of knowing how data can deliver value to our clients. This leader is expected to be flexible, but their primary responsibility will be to bring data science, analytics, reporting, and data development to the table as strategies and products are designed. This individual will work both a leader and translator, designing analytical products and organizing a larger team of experts to deliver insights and intelligence. This position will lead a dispersed located team at various levels in the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage data analytics team by developing and evaluating individual performance; Drive clarity of requirements and ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business operations and performance metrics by using data analytics and statistical tools
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Identify and provide key insights on trends and drivers behind the results and prepare reports on findings
- Gather complex data inputs from multiple sources and identify new data sources that will enhance business outcomes and support strategic objectives.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Create compelling presentations to tell the analytic story, demonstrating value by providing actionable insights with recommendations
- Communicate complex analytical results, and corresponding implications to both internal and external clients in a manner that will be easily understood
- Collaborate with team leaders to effectively manage team resources in order to produce high quality deliverables
- Continuously focus on ways to improve efficiencies and quality control within department
- Assesses the needs of the business, prioritize projects, and drive new reporting requirements to completion
- Complete complex ad-hoc research, analysis, and reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to do so. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job-related Education, Experience and/or Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or related field (experience may substitute for educational requirements)
- 7+ years of professional experience translating analytics including statistical modeling, data mining, and advanced segmentation into actionable insights
- 5+ years of leading teams (preferably remote) that conduct analyses in a statistically robust way, with an eye towards thorough documentation, validation, and reproducibility
- Experience working with scan data.
- Experience working in CPG or a similar industry (e.g., BevAl).
- Experience analyzing and solving CPG-focused challenges including but not limited to: innovation planning, pricing elasticity, forecasting, projections, assortment, etc.
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis methods (i.e. linear, logistic, cluster, factor, anova, etc.) and statistical principles (sampling, inferences, transformations, validations, etc.)
- Ability to display data visually and to effectively demonstrate the value of analytic deliverables
- Effective and creative problem solver, able to challenge conventional approaches
- Effective communication and influence skills with departmental staff and internal and external stakeholders
Benefits: Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D coverages. We also provide both Health and Flexible Savings Account benefits, Dependent Care and a 401K with immediate vesting.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
BDSA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any pay inequities nor on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please send cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org