Job Title: Data Scientist
Job Level: Professional
Job Family: Data Analytics
Employment Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Product
Location: Boulder, CO or remote
Job Summary: The Product team empowers BDSA through the development of syndicated market research products based on scan data. As a Data Scientist, you will work on a highly complex client-facing system providing insights to diverse user groups including innovation, marketing, sales, and strategy. Day-to-day activities will include development and refinement of projection algorithms, QC/QA systems support, and input to the product roadmap based on client needs and available data streams.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and deploy data projection models to drive both customer-facing and internal decisions.
- Execute and evaluate appropriate analyses (cluster analysis, logistic/linear regression, lift, etc.) given an array of tactical and strategic objectives.
- Utilize statistical and data visualization packages to develop innovative approaches to complex business problems.
- Extracts, analyzes, identifies, and assesses qualitative or quantitative patterns, trends, and other relationships from large amounts of data.
- Responsible for the maintenance and management of data assets.
- Interfaces with data end-users and the data storage/management architecture team to ensure that systems meet business needs.
- Develops and executes standard or custom queries or reports to retrieve data as required.
- Streamline existing processes to ensure the highest data quality while minimizing rework and increasing efficiency.
- Define data needs and external sources; validate, import, curate, and manage data for analytic and discovery projects.
- Interface closely with technology partners to manage analytical environment, acquire data sets, and develop production applications.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to do so. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education, Experience, and Other Qualifications:
- Degree in data science, statistics, economics, or a similar field with at least five years’ work experience preferred (experience may be substituted for educational requirements).
- Experience working with scan data.
- Experience working in CPG or a similar industry (e.g., BevAl).
- Experience analyzing and solving CPG-focused challenges including but not limited to: innovation planning, pricing elasticity, forecasting, projections, assortment, etc.
- Ability to digest business problems and translate needs into a data-centric context.
- Self-starter attitude with willingness to learn and master new technologies and analytical techniques.
- Flexibility to work both independently and within a team.
- Creativity in the face of constraint; “I can solve this” mentality.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Familiarity with data visualization software, such as Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI.
- Experience processing and manipulating POS, unstructured, text, and survey data.
- Experience developing and validating market research models.
- Experience in the cannabis industry.
Benefits: Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D coverages. We also provide both Health and Flexible Savings Account benefits, Dependent Care and a 401K with immediate vesting.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
BDSA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any pay inequities nor on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please send cover letter and resumé to email@example.com